top of page


Whether you met online or in person, there are proper steps that you

must take to get a fiancé visa approved. If you are a U.S. citizen who wants

to bring your foreign fiancé(e) to the United States in order to get married,

you will need to file a Form I-129F, Petition For Alien Fiancé(e). This is the

first step in obtaining a K-1 nonimmigrant visa for your fiancé(e). Not only

do we prepare the paperwork, but we walk you through the immigrant

fiancé journey. We help you with any red flags, prepare you for the embassy

interview, and advise you on all the steps from petition to approval to the

marriage process, and then on to the green card process. Let our fiancé

visa lawyer help you and your fiancé through the relationship process

so you can finally be together as one in the United States.

In order to obtain a K-1 fiancé(e) visa, you and your fiancé(e) must intend

to marry each other within 90 days of your fiancé(e) entering the U.S as a K-1 nonimmigrant. Another requirement is that you must have physically

seen each other within 2 years of applying for this visa. Once you get

married within 90 days of being admitted to the United States as a

K-1 nonimmigrant, you may apply for lawful permanent resident status

in the United States (a Green Card). Your marriage must be valid, meaning

both you and your fiancé(e) have a bona fide intent to establish a life

together and the marriage is not for the sole purpose of obtaining a Green Card. 

If you have already married, plan to marry outside the United States, or your

fiancé(e) is already residing legally in the United States, your spouse

or fiancé(e) is not eligible for a fiancé(e) visa.

Image by ConvertKit
bottom of page