top of page

LGBTQ Same-Sex Relationships

LGBTQ – Same sex relationships and marriage-based green cards

Currently, same-sex marriage is legal in every state in the country.

This means that U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents (green card holders)

can petition for their foreign-born, same-sex, spouses to get immigration

status like a visa or a green card. You can also apply for your same sex partner

as a fiancé and then get married once here. 

LGBTQ+ immigrants have the same rights under immigration law as all other

non-citizens and same-sex couples should be treated the exact way as a

heterosexual couple. However, there is still a stigma against same-sex relationships. Especially within the immigration realm. Department of Homeland Security

will question whether you married for love or for a green card. Especially

if you have children from a previous marriage or you were married to the

opposite sex in the past and now you have a same-sex partner.

We work with gay and lesbian couples to petition for their loved one’s green

card through marriage. Like in any other case, we must prove that your

marriage is bona fide. Therefore, it is more than simply filling out paperwork.

We help you build a picture and tell your story of love to USCIS

to get your petition approved the first time.

If you are a gay or lesbian couple, reach out to us today so we can help

you on your journey to the American Dream.

Image by Steve Johnson
bottom of page